Week 9 is the last of the major bye weeks. Some of biggest names off this week would be Dwayne Haskins & JK Dobbins from Ohio State, Tua Tagovailoa & Jerry Jeudy from Alabama, McKenzie Milton from UCF and Darrell Henderson from Memphis. Just be sure to leave them out of your lineups.
Even with all the byes there are several story lines to watch this weekend.Can Will Grier and West Virginia rebound from a surprising week 8 loss as they host Baylor? Will Houston or South Florida’s defenses show up enough to keep the total score under 100? And can Iowa State slow down the Texas Tech offense the same way they did West Virginia?
- Will Grier, West Virginia vs Baylor – $10900 – Coming off the worst game of his career, at West Virginia, Grier will be able to bounce back against a questionable Baylor pass defense.
- Kyler Murray, Oklahoma vs Kansas State – $10600 – Murray has 4 straight games with at least 4 TDs and Kansas State’s 83rd ranked defense is not going to slow him down.
- D’Eriq King, Houston vs South Florida – $10200 – Through 7 games, Houston has yet to score fewer than 41 points and King is a primary reason. He is averaging 283 yards per game with 32 total TDs and this week against South Florida should be a shootout.
- Alan Bowman, Texas Tech at Iowa State – $9000 – Three weeks removed from a partially collapsed lung, Bowman made a surprise return in week 8 against Kansas. Not only that, he lit the Jayhawks up for 408 yards and 3 TDs. As long as Bowman is healthy, he is worth using.
- Nathan Rourke, Ohio vs Ball State – $8900 – Rourke started the season very slowly, so slowly that he was benched Week 1. Since returning to the starting lineup in Week 3, he is averaging 320 total yards and has scored 17 TDs. Look for a big game this week as Rourke and the Bobcats host a Ball State team giving up over 400 yards per contest.
- Charlie Brewer, Baylor at West Virginia – $8200 – Brewer has been very good this season, scoring at least 1 TD in all but the opening game. The Bears will need him to put up a big game if they hope to keep up with West Virginia this week.
- Brock Purdy, Iowa State vs Texas Tech – $7000 – Freshman Brock Purdy has been exceptional for the Cyclones, since taking over on the second series 2 weeks ago. Leading Iowa State to victories over Oklahoma State and West Virginia, while averaging 347 total yards and scoring 8 TDs. He will need another big performance this week against Texas Tech for Iowa State to extend their win streak.
- Manny Wilkins, Arizona State at USC – $6700 – Wilkins is not the most consistent QB, but does usually put up solid numbers. Coming off a 353 yard performance in the loss to Stanford, Wilkins will try to get the Sun Devils back on track as they travel to USC.
- Riley Neal, Ball State at Ohio – $6500 – Neal is quietly have a solid season, with 2178 total yards and 15 TDs through 8 games. He has a great matchup this week against an Ohio defense ranked 116th in the country.