Week 7 rolls in with a bunch of high profile teams on bye including Clemson, Oklahoma, Stanford, Mississippi State, Florida State, Florida Atlantic, NC State, Kentucky and Washington State. But even with limited games there is definitely some CFF potential. Oklahoma State at Kansas State, UCF at Memphis and Houston at East Carolina are all projected as high scoring and should provide opportunities for lots of value and sleeper picks.
Some story lines to follow this weekend would be: Can Notre Dame QB Ian Book keep the Fighting Irish undefeated? Who will survive in the top 15 slugfest when Wisconsin visits Michigan? And will Texas be able to stay focused against Baylor after last weeks last second upset of Oklahoma?
Points are the name of the game in DFS and when CFBDynasty debates the weekly college fantasy football player rankings and college DFS rankings, it’s largely influenced by Vegas. Taking a look at the Over/Under and Spread metrics for each game, you can gauge which games will provide the best odds at high fantasy point totals.
Let’s take a look at some of the Best Starts, Value Picks, and Sleepers for Week 7.
- McKinzie Milton, UCF at Memphis – $10400 – Milton did not have the game we hoped for in week 6, only putting up 295 total yards and 2 TDs. But look for him to bounce back this week as UCF travels to Memphis, in Vegas’ highest projected game with a 78 point o/u.
- Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State vs Minnesota – $10100 – Coming off the best game of his career, 455 yards and 6 TDs, Haskins will continue to be the focal point for Ohio State’s offense. Even against a tough Minnesota defense.
- Trace McSorley, Penn State vs Michigan State – $9200 – McSorley seems to be getting better as the season progresses. Narrowly missing his first 300 yard passing game against Ohio State (286 yards), but more than making up for it by running for 175. This week’s game is a great opportunity against a Michigan State pass defense ranked 123rd in the country.
- Sam Ehlinger, Texas vs Baylor – $9000 – Last week Ehlinger had the best game of his career, putting up 386 total yards and 5 TDs, against rival Oklahoma in the Red River Showdown. Week 7’s matchup with Baylor, and their 91st ranked defense, will provide plenty of opportunities for another big game.
- Ian Book, Notre Dame vs Pittsburgh – $8700 – Since taking over the starting QB position in week 4, Book has averaged 291 passing yards with 11 total TDs. This week’s matchup with Pittsburgh’s questionable pass defense should not give Book too much trouble, as he tries to push Notre Dame to 7-0.
- Brady White, Memphis vs UCF – $7800 – White has been great for the Tigers this season, passing for 1500 yards and 15 TDs in 6 games. Memphis will again need him to put up some big numbers this week in a possible shootout with UCF.
- Jake Browning, Washington at Oregon – $7100 – Browning has been consistent this season, putting up 251 yards per game and scoring 12 total TDs. He should be able to put up at least that much against the 89th ranked Oregon pass defense.
- Charlie Brewer, Baylor at Texas – $6500 – Brewer started the season slow, but over the last 3 games he has averaged 305 passing yards and scored 8 TDS. Baylor will need Brewer to have a big game this weekend one the road against Texas.
- Skylar Thompson, Kansas State vs Oklahoma State – $5600 – After splitting snaps the first few weeks Thompson played the entire game against Baylor, putting up 199 yards and 2 TDs. He should be a sneaky start this week against a questionable Oklahoma State defense.