Week 4 opens with several marquee matchups on Friday night. The Penn State at Illinois and Washington State at USC games provide several usable DFS players. And the potential Florida Atlantic at UCF shootout will provide many more.
Will Adrian Martinez, in his return from a knee injury, be able to get HC Scott Frost his first win as Nebraska visits the Michigan Wolverines? Can Texas A&M keep pace with Alabama? And who will outlast the other in the biggest projected shootout when Texas Tech travels to Oklahoma State?
Points are the name of the game in DFS and when CFBDynasty debates the weekly college fantasy football player rankings and college DFS rankings, it’s largely influenced by Vegas. Taking a look at the Over/Under and Spread metrics for each game, you can gauge which games will provide the best odds at high fantasy point totals.
- McKinzie Milton, UCF vs Florida Atlantic – $10500 – Milton should not have any trouble moving the ball against the 108th ranked FAU defense. With an O/U of 76 this game has the potential of a shootout.
- Will Grier, West Virginia vs Kansas State – $10500 – On paper Kansas State’s pass defense looks solid, only giving up 189 yards per game. But none of the qbs they have faced are in Grier’s league. West Virginia will be able to put up lots of points this week.
- Trace McSorley, Penn State @ Illinois – $10300 – The Illinois run defense is slightly better than their pass defense (71st in the country vs 123rd). But neither will be good enough to slow down the Nittany Lions. McSorley will just use this as a tune up for next week’s matchup with Ohio State.
- Shea Patterson, Michigan vs Nebraska – $7600 – Patterson has gotten better in each of his 3 starts as a Wolverine, with totals of 9, 18 & 24 fantasy points respectively. This week’s game, against a reeling Nebraska team, is a prime opportunity for that trend to continue.
- Gardner Minshew, Washington State @ USC – $7500 – Minshew has yet to throw for less than 300 yards and 2 TDs this season. He should not have any trouble continuing that streak, even in this tougher road match up.
- Jake Fromm, Georgia @ Missouri – $7300 – Fromm has not been asked to do much in Georgia’s first 3 games (all blowouts). But he should have lots more opportunities this week, on the road, against a strong Missouri offense averaging 43 points per game.
- Adrian Martinez, Nebraska @ Michigan – $6600 – Martinez was spectacular in his only game this season, putting up 300 total yards and 3 TDs against Colorado, before going out with a knee injury. He is expected to return this week against the Wolverines. Nebraska will need another big game from him if they hope to get their first win of the season.
- JT Daniels, USC vs Washington State – $6300 – USC will need Daniels to put up some big numbers this week as the high powered Washington State offense (43.7 points per game) comes to town.
- Skylar Thompson, Kansas State @ West Virginia – $5500 – Thompson had his best game of the season against UTSA in week 3, with 275 total yards and 3 TDs. He will lots of opportunities to improve on those totals this week, as the Wildcats try to keep up with the Mountaneers’ high powered offense.