Week 3 of college football will be slightly abbreviated as several marque games have been moved or canceled due to the approach of Hurricane Florence. Stay away from all East Carolina, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, North Carolina, NC State, Central Florida, Marshall, South Carolina and Liberty players when setting your lineups.
Points are the name of the game in DFS and when CFBDynasty debates the weekly college fantasy football player rankings and college DFS rankings, it’s largely influenced by Vegas. Taking a look at the Over/Under and Spread metrics for each game, you can gauge which games will provide the best odds at high fantasy point totals.
Hawaii at Army, Florida State at Syracuse and Boise State at Oklahoma State are projected by Vegas to be some of the highest scoring games of the day. Can McDonald and company continue the resurgence of Hawaii’s run and shoot? Will FSU be able to slow down or even keep up with Syracuse’s high powered offense? And what other DFS gems will emerge this week?
Let’s take a look at some of the Best Starts, Value Picks, and Sleepers for Week 3.
- Kyler Murray, Oklahoma @ Iowa State, – $10200 – The Sooners are rolling to start the season averaging 56 points per game. With RB Rodney Anderson out for the season, Oklahoma’s offense will run through Murray.
- Eric Dungey, Syracuse vs Florida State – $9300 – Dungey has been great over the first 2 games, throwing 7 TDs and running for 1 more. He should be able to move the ball against Florida State’s suddenly suspect defense.
- Cole McDonald, Hawaii @ Army – $9200 – Hawaii’s Run & Shoot is back! McDonald has scored at least 4 TDs in each of the first 3 games. He should not have any trouble continuing that streak against Army’s 87th ranked defense.
- Taylor Cornelius, Oklahoma State vs Boise State – $8900 – Cornelius has been good this season, passing for more than 350 yards per game. He will have to throw for at least that again if the Cowboys want to keep up with Boise this week.
- Brett Rypien, Boise State @ Oklahoma State – $8500 – Rypien has been spectacular over the Broncos’ first 2 games, throwing 7 TDs and completing more that 70% of his passes. Oklahoma State poses a tougher defense than Troy or Uconn, but that should not slow him down.
- TaQuon Marshall, Georgia Tech @ Pittsburgh – $7800 – In week 2 the Hornets lost their starting RB for season. Tech will be leaning on Marshall more than ever as they enter conference play.
- Jarrett Stidham, Auburn vs LSU – $6900 – Stidham has been efficient in the first 2 games. Scoring 3 TDs and passing for almost 400 yards. However he will be asked to more this week in a tough matchup with the Tigers.
- Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh vs Georgia Tech – $6400 – Pickett had a rough game in week 2 against Penn State. But should be able to bounce back against Georgia Tech’s 75th ranked scoring defense.
- Alex Hornibrook, Wisconsin vs BYU – $5900 – BYU will be spending week 3 trying to contain superstar RB Jonathan Taylor. That makes Hornibrook a sneaky play for a TD or two.