The Week 2 slate of game in college football presents some more clarity after a few teams were exposed in their opening games. Chip Kelly and UCLA got off to a rough start, losing to Cincinnati, and it will be much tougher for them as they travel to face Oklahoma this week. Georgia at South Carolina and Clemson at Texas A&M are also two huge games to watch but are likely games to avoid in fantasy this week.
Points are the name of the game in DFS and when CFBDynasty debates the weekly college fantasy football player rankings and college DFS rankings, it’s largely influenced by Vegas. Taking a look at the Over/Under and Spread metrics for each game, you can gauge which games will provide the best odds at high fantasy point totals.
Some of the highest scoring games as projected by Vegas include Arizona at Houston with Khalil Tate needing a bounce back game, Arkansas at Colorado State featuring recently announced starter Ty Storey at QB for Chad Morris and the Hogs, and Rice at Hawaii will play in the wee hours of Sunday morning on the east coast.
Let’s take a look at some of the Best Starts, Value Picks, and Sleepers for Week 2
- Kyler Murray, Oklahoma vs UCLA – $11000 – Murray only had to throw the ball 11 times against Florida Atlantic to amass 200 yards and 2 TDs. A matchup with Chip Kelly’s Bruins should give him many more opportunities to put up big numbers with neither team really valuing time of possession.
- Dwayne Haskins, Ohio St vs Rutgers – $10800 – Questions about the Buckeyes’ offense were answered early as Haskins threw for 300 yards and 5 TDs. He has an opportunity for more of the same this week against an over matched Rutgers team.
- Khalil Tate, Arizona @ Houston – $10400 – Tate had a quiet game in week 1 with only 211 total yards and 2 TDs. But look for him to bounce back in a possible shootout with the high flying Cougar offense.
- Adrian Martinez, Nebraska vs Colorado – $8900 – Weather delayed Martinez’s CFF debut, but look for big things from this talented freshman in week 2.
- Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama vs Arkansas St – $8700 – Alabama will try to put this game out of reach early. And Tagovailoa will have plenty of opportunities to put up solid points this week.
- Ty Gangi, Nevada @ Vanderbilt – $8000 – Gangi had a great opening game with over 340 passing yards and 4 total TDs. Vandy will provide a tougher opponent than Portland St. But with the return of starting WR Brandon O’Leary-Orange, Gangi should still be able to put up good numbers
- Blake Barnett, South Florida vs Georgia Tech – $7500 – Week 1 was a great start to Barnett’s USF career, with 300 passing yards and 4 total TDs. He has an opportunity to repeat those numbers this week against Georgia Tech.
- Daniel Jones, Duke @ Northwestern – $7200 – Jones was solid in week 1 against Army, with 240 total yards and 2 TDs. However he will be asked to do a lot more this week if Duke is to have a chance at beating the Wildcats
- Justice Hansen, Arkansas St @ Alabama – $5900 – Hansen will have trouble reaching his week 1 numbers, 400 yards and 6 TDs, this week against Alabama. But Arkansas St will need Hansen to throw the ball and he will have plenty of opportunities to put up some usable numbers in garbage time