Week 10 rolls in with several games with should provide great fantasy value. Syracuse at Wake Forest, Nebraska at Ohio State, Liberty at Massachusetts, Houston at SMU, Oklahoma at Texas Tech and Utah State at Hawaii all have projected o/u of more than 70 points. So there will be lots of players available for value and sleeper picks.
Additionally a few storylines to follow this weekend would be: How will Ohio State rebound from the trashing they received at Purdue? Who will survive as Alabama travels to Baton Rouge to take on LSU in a battle of top 3 teams? And finally will the Oklahoma or Texas Tech defenses even bother to show up?
- D’Eriq King, Houston at SMU – $11200 – King leads a Cougar offense that has scored at least 41 points in every game this season. SMU’s 89th ranked defense is not going to be able to slow him down this week.
- Kyler Murray, Oklahoma at Texas Tech – $10200 – Murray leads a powerful Oklahoma offense that averages 49 points per game. He has also scored at least 4 TDs in all but 2 games this season (Week 1 & Week 3). This week’s shootout with Texas Tech will provide Murray with plenty of scoring opportunities.
- Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State vs Nebraska – $9800 – Haskins is on fire right now, throwing for more than 1300 yards and 11 TDs in the last 3 games. And Nebraska’s 101st ranked defense is not going to slow him down much.
- Alan Bowman, Texas Tech vs Oklahoma – $9000 – Bowman has been very impressive since returning from a partially collapsed lung, passing for 731 yards and scoring 5 total TDs. He should be in for a big game in what Vegas projects to be the highest scoring game of the week with a 77 point o/u.
- Taylor Cornelius, Oklahoma State at Baylor – $8700 – Coming off his best game of the season, 321 yards and 3 TDs against Texas, Cornelius gets an easier matchup this week against Baylor’s 94th ranked defense.
- Eric Dungey, Syracuse at Wake Forest – $8400 – As long as Dungey is healthy he has been great, putting up 2353 total yards and 22 TDs through 8 games. He has a great matchup this week against Wake Forest where both defenses are ranked in the bottom 25%. With the 2nd highest o/u of the weekend, at 75.5, this is definitely a great value.
- Adrian Martinez, Nebraska at Ohio State – $7800 – Martinez has been great since returning from an early season injury, averaging 295 total yards with 15 total TDs. This looks like a tough matchup on paper, but teams have been able to score on the Buckeyes (just ask Purdue).
- Sam Hartman, Wake Forest vs Syracuse – $7200 – Hartman has been solid with only 2 bad games (week 4 against Notre Dame and week 6 against Clemson). Syracuse’s defense is not good enough to slow him down, this should be a shootout.
- Ben Hicks, SMU vs Houston – $7100 – Hicks has played much better the last 2 games, averaging more than 300 yards per contest with 5 TDs. He will have to throw the ball all day as SMU tries to keep up with the Houston offense.
- Dexter Williams, Notre Dame at Northwestern – $8500 – Williams has only played in 4 games this season, but is averaging 128 yards and has scored 7 TDs. Notre Dame will continue to lean on him against a middle of the road Northwestern run defense.
- Zack Moss, Utah at Arizona State – $8300 – Moss has been spectacular this season, averaging over 120 yards per game and scoring 12 TDs. Arizona States 64th ranked run defense will not pose a problem for him this week.
- Travis Etienne, Clemson vs Louisville – $7700 – Etienne is coming off his worst game of the season, only 45 yards and 0 TDs against Florida State. He should not have any trouble bouncing back this week as the Tigers host Louisville.
- Scottie Phillips, Mississippi vs South Carolina – $6800 – Phillips was held in check against Auburn, only turning 17 carries into 59 yards and 0 TDs. But he will try to get back on track this week against a South Carolina rush defense ranked 81st in the nation.
- Matt Colburn, Wake Forest vs Syracuse – $6700 – Colburn had a breakout game against Louisville, rolling up 243 yards and 3 TDs on 20 carries. He probably won’t repeat those numbers, but this matchup with Syracuse should have enough scoring for him to put up a good game.
- Justice Hill, Oklahoma State at Baylor – $6400 – Hill has cooled off in his last 3 games, only rushing for 199 yards an 1 TD. But Baylor’s run defense is not very good and he should find plenty of running room this week.
- Braeden West, SMU vs Houston – $5500 – West has been solid this season, scoring at least 10 fantasy points in all but 1 game and actually going over 20 three times. There will be enough points scored in this game that he is difinitely worth using.
- Trey Sermon, Oklahoma at Texas Tech – $5200 – Sermon is splitting time with freshman Kennedy Brooks, but has still managed to rush for 512 yards and score 5 TDs. There will be plenty of opportunities for both this week, but Sermon costs $2000 less.
- Dontae Strickland, Syracuse at Wake Forest – $3900 – Strickland has not put up big numbers this season, only averaging 36 yards per contest but he has scored 6 TDs. Hopefully he will have a chance at another in this week’s shootout with Wake Forest.
- Marquez Stevenson, Houston at SMU – $8300 – Stevenson has been a monster this season, averaging more than 100 total yards per game and scoring 10 TDs. This week’s shootout with SMU should not be any different, if anything his usage may go up with fellow WR Courtney Lark questionable to play.
- Marquise Brown, Oklahoma at Texas Tech – $8200 – After scoring 7 TDs in the first 6 games, Brown does not have any in his last 2. He is due to break out again and this week against Texas Tech should be just the opportunity he needs.
- Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State at Baylor – $8100 – Wallace had his best game of the season in week 9, catching 10 balls for 222 yards and 2 TDs. He has a much easier matchup this week as Oklahoma State goes on the road to battle Baylor.
- Greg Dortch, Wake Forest vs Syracuse – $7900 – Dortch definitely looked to be over his ankle injury as he caught 8 passes for 135 yards against Louisville. This week’s matchup could be even better as Wake Forest takes on a questionable Syracuse defense.
- Gary Jennings, West Virginia at Texas – $7200 – Jennings and Sills have both been great this season, combining for over 1000 receiving yards and 17 TDs. This is a tougher matchup against Texas, but at least one of them will have a good game and Jennings costs $600 less than Sills.
- Jalen Hurd, Baylor vs Oklahoma State – $7000 – The loss of starting QB Charlie Brewer against West Virginia really hurt Hurd. His first game scoring fewer than 10 fantasy points Hurd only managed 58 yards on 5 touches. But as long as Brewer is able to play Hurd should put up some good numbers.
- Stanley Morgan, Nebraska at Ohio State – $6300 – Morgan started the season slowly, but has been Adrien Martinez’s favorite target the last 2 games. He has put up 246 yards and 4 TDs in that timeframe. This week Nebraska will need to score a lot to keep pace with Ohio State and the Buckeye defense has proven to be beatable.
- Keith Corbin, Houston at SMU – $6000 – Corbin has been solid this year, racking up 509 yards and 7 TDs in 8 games. He may also get a usage boost this week if fellow WR Courtney Lark is unable to suit up. Either way he is worth using in a game that should see tons of points scored.
- Hakeem Johnson, Syracuse at Wake Forest – $5100 – Johnson has had back-to-back great weeks, putting up 238 yards and 2 TDs against North Carolina and NC State. This week’s matchup with Wake Forest is a great opportunity for another big week.